Incompetent Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time

Pros

They pay their employees
They do provide benefits after three months

Cons

Micro-management on every front
Treating employees as children

Advice to Management

Paranoia and distrust destroy a work environment. The management here has some deeply insecure feelings toward employees, and the employees feel they can never win.

Aug 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to read that you had such a negative experience. I think you would find that the environment is very different today. Employee engagement, development ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. What

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir

Pros

I really don't get all the sour grapes. I think IQAir is a great company to work for. Everyone's nice, including the CEO and HR lady and really knows what they're doing. We have great benefits. I have lots of time off and my medical is paid for by the company. The HR lady will give it to you straight, but she's not rude. We have an amazing gym with google pads so we can watch Netflix while we work out. Even the bathroom is pretty. Its not easy to work here. Alot is expected and we work hard, but its a great environment and the building is beautiful. And clean.

Cons

im really tired at the end of the day
    not too much room for growth

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever you're doing. Like the other positive post I would like another town hall too. I like to know whats going on.

Jul 7, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Different people have different perceptions and it is to be expected that working at IQAir is not for everyone. We do have great benefits, including employer paid ... More

2. BOO YAH

I have been working at IQAir

Pros

This is a company for people who want to be better a year from now (maybe even a week) than they are now. Improvement through learning and training is not only encouraged, it is mandatory. We are given all we need to succeed in a bright, comfortable, open - and to my mind clean - building.
    The CEO is one of few truly amazing people that you come across maybe once or twice in your life if you're lucky. For the naysayers, I have to say listen and learn. People only rise to her level through intelligence, hard work, determination and the pursuit of an ideal. Maybe that's too much for lesser people to understand.
    The HR manager is accessible and engaged but straightforward. If you need someone to listen she is very good at that. She is also able to show you an issue from a new perspective and help you find solutions. But don't walk into her office and expect a sympathetic ear if all you want to do is whine, you will find no cheese on her desk.
    Working at IQAir is definitely not for everybody. Neither is being a Marine but the former (if there is such a thing) Marines that work here are doing quite well.

Cons

There is too much echo in the lunch room.

Advice to Management

We had a town hall style meeting a while back. I found it to be informative and encouraging. I hope we see another one.

Jul 6, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. IQAir is very big on continuing development and I am always looking for ways to challenge our team. I very much agree with your comments about our CEO. She has a ... More