IQPC

Boarder line Boiler room operation

Former Employee - National Event Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - National Event Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC

Pros

Timely topics in their seminars

Cons

the cost to atten the event upwars of $35,000-and alot of comps to some attendees

In this economy you can not close a $35,000 ticket in two calls

119 Other Employee Reviews for IQPC (View Most Recent)

"If I had to do it again I would prefer to stay unemployed"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC

Pros

convenient location
    usually a fun group of colleagues
    Sales training
    Not many hassles if you have to take time off for personal reasons (look for better position)

Cons

Family run organization with son as Managing Director and Sister head of Customer service. Any competent owner would have removed both of them a long time ago with people who actually care that they are running a real company. It clearly feels like a boiler room operation that is only there to line the pockets of the limited partners and not really give the customers any real value for their investment. I was lied to in writing by one of the senior managers how much I was expected to make within a given period of time. I met my sales numbers and then just got an excuse why my commission needed to be cut.
    Employee happiness is the last thing on the company's mind. After being hired expect your commission to be changed for the worse after a few months of being hired. It happened every year that I was there. I know a number of people that work in the industry and the compensation is much better at other places.
    Yearly turnover of employees is somewhere in the range of 3 to 1. Unheard of with any company.
    Job is only good for those living at home with their parents with not a care in the world. If you have your own apartment, live with a roommate or have any sort of major financial responsibilities DO NOT EVEN think of working here. The amount of hours you have to work in order to be decently compensated you might as well work at an hourly wage job.

Hire a competent Managing DIrector and compensation manager from the outside and hopefully it could be a place where people might want to work.

I would not recommend this as a place of employment for other young professionals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC

Pros

The travel for events was a fun experience.

Cons

The management was constantly at odds with each other and really only cared about their bottom line.

Listen to the competent and intelligent staff that you manage to hire before they are frustrated and leave the company.

There are newer employer reviews for IQPC