There are newer employer reviews for IQPC

Entrepreneurial Environment Where Successes Is Rewarded

Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with IQPC for the last 7 years and have enjoyed the entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. As a producer you truly feel like you are running your own business within a business. You get the chance to work with really creative types across operations, marketing and sales. If global opportunities are your passion, this is a company you want to check out. I've been given the opportunity to work and live in many different countries throughout my time spent here.

Cons

The work environment is very fast-paced

112 Other Employee Reviews for IQPC (View Most Recent)

If these reviews isn't enough of a warning, I don't know what is... Cautionary Tale

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Disclaimer I left Iqpc on my own accord and was not let go. My evaluation is impartial and very honest. I hope this is not misrepresented as vindictive, as that is not the case. This is merely a warning.

If management likes you as a person, they will be more lenient. Instead of firing you in 2 months they will give you 3.

They do promote relatively fast, only because the turn around is so high. Even if you are promoted all the way up, you are still making peanuts compared to industry standards.

Eg: Reps make 37,500 base. Managers make 5,000 more etc.

To add insult to injury they also charge 13% from the gross. Sort of a house tax for you to work there in sales. Total Joke.

Cons

Poor products.
    No ethics, sales people will constantly lie to attempt to close deals on unsuspecting small or middle market companies.
    Horrible reputation ( Bait and Switch)
    Bottom of the barrel employees. Poor experience, lack of education.

Essentially what IQPC/ IDGA are companies that parasite off of hot macro topics. It could be military related, technology, oil/gas etc. The people that are involved from the top to the bottom have no subject matter expertise, as to them that is unnecessary.

The problem with that is delegates see no value in their events. To be fair, not all events are horrible. They have 1 or 2 marquee events that are already hounded by 1 or 2 account executives.

To summarize my experience, "Management" will mislead you like they mislead their clients to get you into the door. Long story short, after working at 2 fortune 500's and 1 disruptive technology company, this company is incompetent at best. Therefore to be profitable they must lie. If you cannot do the job, then you must lie to the client and find new ones. Thus the revolving door.

This job is good for 2 types of people.

1. People who have poor education or from poor backgrounds. The best they will do is this company and by misleading people they can make a decent salary (60,000)

2. Fresh out of college kid who comes from a third tier college or is hard pressed for money. 37,500 is starting for them. Technology companies like Yodle, Reach Local, etc. pay 40,000.

Even then those companies are considered junk.

Based on my experience here, it is a third tier company for people who are not highly educated or have the connections to move to more lucrative positions and companies.

None, Management has no interest in changing their ponzi like structure and poor product categories.

Disorganized, quick to fire, old computers

Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Live in New York City

Cons

People, salary, operations, daily interactions

There are newer employer reviews for IQPC