IQPC
www.iqpc.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Entrepreneurial B2B Sales Environment - Not for everyone but ideal for some

SPEX - Team Lead (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC full-time for less than a year

Pros- Salary + uncapped commission + bonuses = unlimited income potential
- Good insurance, 401k match, good PTO policy after 90-day starter period
- Global company with offices in many of the world's major destinations (London, Brazil, Austrailia, Dubai, Germany, etc.) with potential to transfer anywhere.

IQPC offers a tremendous amount of freedom, and invests heavily in its top producers. Revenue is king, and those who can find a way to cut through obstacles to bring in deals reap the rewards.

If you are looking for a 9-5 job that ends when you clock out at the end of the day, this is not the place for you. Many people who have been successful in sales in the past did so because they were given leads or a territory to work. This role requires a significant amount of research to learn about the industry your event is in as you build your leads. It does not happen overnight, and you must be diligent, persistent, organized and patient during the process of building your pipeline in the beginning. It would be a disservice to any potential employee reading this to give the impression that you will walk in the door and start closing deals immediately - B2B sales of this nature does not work that way. However, those with an opportunistic or entrepreneurial streak will find that this role offers unlimited freedom to hunt and sell to anyone, anywhere. There is no set way of doing things, only guidance and best practices offered while encouraging you to find what works best for you.

Tampa is considered a startup office (opened in 3/2012), as the product we are selling is an established model, but has not been the traditional revenue driver for IQPC (global business was/is established around conferences/tradeshows, while Exchange is a different breed). The leadership team (myself included - I was promoted last month) is working really hard to build a team of strong, creative, ambitious, disciplined sales professionals. Many people who take the job assume it will be structured and predictable, and it isn't. You have to excel at thriving in chaos to succeed. If you are the kind of person who needs constant pats on the back for putting in effort and are not motivated by long-term commitment and success, you will not be happy here. It simply isn't that sort of environment.

However, our team is strong and getting stronger. Your peers here are bright, articulate, and come from a diverse array of backgrounds that will give you a prime opportunity to learn and evolve every day you come into work. If you enjoy the process of playing "mental chess" to close big-ticket deals, creating a personal network of professionals across the world in interesting and innovative industries, and working in an environment that is both unpredictable and exciting, you'll love it here.

Cons- Both SPEX and DA positions are research-heavy and activity driven in the beginning. This can create a roadblock for new employees who are looking to close deals immediately but don't have the experience or pipeline yet to make that a realistic expectation. It is fairly uncommon to see new employees close deals within the first couple of weeks on the phone. However, both roles typically see new employees close deals within their first 3-4 weeks of employment. The monthly quotas are tiered to reflect this learning curve, and the floor managers are present to keep the focus on the metrics and activities needed to make this happen as quickly as possible.

- The CRM system is antiquated and can be difficult to navigate. Experience with it gives you workarounds that make it more usable, but it takes time. Commitment to personal organization gives you an edge with this.

- The event industry is competitive, and being able to effectively differentiate what you are selling from everyone else out there is an art in and of itself. Possessing a dynamic and compelling personality is very helpful here, as you are selling over the phone.

Advice to Senior Management- Continue to invest in top producers to further build on the culture of driving revenue and growing our business.

- Consider funnelling more resources into marketing for certain events to create thought leadership for IQPC as a content leader. Our content is not getting the exposure or awareness it deserves, and you can use your top producers (who are basically industry experts themselves) to design or develop copy to further add to this very important aspect of global branding. It can only help us.

Overall a good company to work for

Sponsorship Sales Executive (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Sales training is really good - continuous education & learning (both sales & other topics) - Good people to work with -… Cons: - Really high peaks and really low valleys - Management can be tough on the reps who are under-performing - It's… Advice to Senior Management: No advice to share. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bad

Sales Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: none none none none none Cons: everything is very bad at IQPC Advice to Senior Management: find a new job No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IQPC.

Worked for IQPC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IQPC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IQPC CEO Rob Shannon. All reviews posted anonymously by IQPC employees.