IRI

www.iriworldwide.com
  www.iriworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for IRI

You work here for the flexiblity, not the money, leadership, or development.

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IRI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work environment, very diverse backgrounds which encourages collaboration

Cons

Poor people and career development programs, very silo'ed organization, very in-organic company that does little progressing / promoting of current employees--most people were brought into the company at their current role so the best way to move up is to leave and come back at a higher level

Make our strategies for career and people development consistent with our corporate goals and strategies. Do we want to replicate the "develop our talent bench" models of our CPG clients? Or the more structured "weed-out" progression path of some of our consulting peers? Or that of a technology company? Or purely a traditional salesforce? Right now we're a hybrid, and not one which represents the benefits of each but rather the cons of each.

177 Other Employee Reviews for IRI (View Most Recent)

Love the culture in the finance group

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at IRI full-time

Pros

People are great. I really like everyone I work with...from Client Service to corporate functions.

Cons

Good luck getting a raise in salary. Recently they deferred increases for a year...let's see what I'll actually get this year. Also the finance/accounting group has a very flat structure and the people in the higher levels have been in the same role for many roles. The opportunities to move up are extremely limited.

Overall, I love the culture of this place. After working in large corporations, this feels like a family. However, not sure how far that will take you with limited growth and no pay increases.

Great stepping stone...

Former Employee - Client Insights Manager (Analyst) in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Client Insights Manager (Analyst) in Naperville, IL

I worked at IRI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SymphonyIRI is the #2 player in the CPG POS and panel data supplier world. As a smaller a company they tend to try to be agile and entrepreneurial. SIG tends to be better than Nielsen, even at the Analysts/Manager levels, however, there is no bonus at that level.

Cons

The company doesn't value its employees, only the potential revenue that you can generated. SymphonyIRI tends to over promise and way under deliver for both its clients and its employees. SIG has been promising "liquid" data for 4+ years and each time they say its ready, it flops. Technology is designed based on programers and what they want, verse what the clients' wants and needs.

In an effort to become more like a true consulting company, SIG re-titled everyone Directors become Consultants, Managers became Analysts, etc. They also brought in under-qualified consultants to engage with the clients on a "higher" level, except the client doesn't respect SIG employees that haven't put in the time or effort.

SIG is also top heavy with VPs and SVPs (or Consultants and Principals) that lack experience and working knowledge of the data, tools and client engagements.

Strategically, SymphonyIRI has done a lack-luster attempt at retaining top-tier talent (as one of a handful of employees ranked as a “5” and actually progressed). SIG needs to understand that this is a small industry, and leaving SIG doesn't mean our paths won't cross again. Its important to remember this, as many of us go on to become contract holders, or RFP voters.

There are newer employer reviews for IRI