IRS

www.irs.gov

The IRS takes competence seriously and treats its employees right.

Public Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCompetence of employees; chance to help people; work/life balance; ideas are fully considered by management; numerous opportunities for advancement are available.

ConsSlow (if not resistant) to change; meetings for days; you'll get blamed for the work of Congress, which creates the policies the IRS follows; some shortsightedness in communications policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSplit Twitter accounts into more specific channels. Three accounts for all varieties of taxpayers makes absolutely no sense. Also, be more forward-thinking in your communications approaches.

Always on the clock so make the best of your time

Data Transcriber (Former Employee) Chamblee, GA

I worked at IRS

Pros: Unlimited overtime when they are trying to make deadlines. This position allows… Cons: Your always on the clock with someone watching to see if… Advice to Senior Management: Do not be so strict about the time clock. most people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for entry level employment

Tax Examiner (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at IRS

Pros: Stable schedule. You know what your hours are. You know what you're getting… Cons: It can become repetitive after awhile. Advice to Senior Management: I wish there was a quicker response time to employee made requests. For example,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!