IRS
www.irs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

A good employer if you're looking for safe employment, but can lack opportunities for growth.

Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at IRS

ProsThe atmosphere is very professional, and the managers are very interested in improving employee moral. The work can be very interesting at times, and many jobs offer you the freedom operate independently.

ConsLike any bureaucracy, there is very little change in the IRS, and any change that does come about is a result of congressional action. It's also not generally well received when you tell people you work for the IRS at social functions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement generally does a good job. My only advice would be to make sure there is a difference in pay that is commensurate with job difficulty rather than seniority.

Too many regulations, management problems, and lack of team work.

Honolulu, HI

I have been working at IRS

Pros: Benefits are a plus. Good balance between work and life. Good… Cons: Micromanagement. Lack of knowledge sharing from senior employees. No team work. Co-workers miss work a lot. Working… Advice to Senior Management: Better leadership skills. Micromanagement and knowledge sharing are important. What will happen… More

IT is not a job to start a career!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IRS

Pros: I fell into this job, literally. So right now, I am trying to… Cons: Not compensated enough and the advancement opportunity is limited. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IRS CEO John Koskinen . All reviews posted anonymously by IRS employees.