IRS
www.irs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Enjoyed the work!!

New Carrollton, MD

ProsOne of the major reasons for my enjoying my experience were the various opportunities. There are few places where you can enter for one position and find a better one that you are more suited to and then be encouraged to switch to the new position. The IRS was a great place to work because the people there are smart and will generally take the time to figure out where you as a new employee will be capable of deploying your talents.

ConsThe work can be boring on occasion and sometimes you do have work to be done that stretches your abilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to continue to take the time to find out what employees are good at and help them attain positions that let them put their talents to the best use.

Federal Government

Tax Examiner (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at IRS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay is better compared to private sectoe in some instances Cons: Too much paperwork Some could be done on a computer More

Easy to work for if you can stand the TRAINING

Contact Representative (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I worked at IRS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy work environment, easy to get hired on, and easy to keep your… Cons: The training period for most positions is entirely too long… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IRS CEO John Koskinen . All reviews posted anonymously by IRS employees.