IRS
www.irs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Could be better organized but the work itself is great

Tax Law Specialist (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsWhen the work actually comes down, it's a wonderful place to work - especially for people with legal backgrounds who don't want to practice as conventional lawyers. The work/life balance is the best there is and the hours are always very flexible.

ConsThis flexibility comes with problems - deadlines don't seem to matter and colleagues' being in and out of the office at what seem like random times can get confusing.

No way to move up

Secretary (Current Employee)
    New Carrollton, MD

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: *Flexible Hours *Good Benefits *Leave Earned *Ten Holidays off per year Cons: *If you're in certain clerical series, you cannot move up. For example, if you are a current 318 series, forget about applying for any jobs.… Advice to Senior Management: Please listen to and communicate with your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Tremendously challenging and fun.

Attorney (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work life flexibility is greater no other place. Level… Cons: The work environment and resources can be challenging. Computer… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to front line attorneys and what they need. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IRS CEO John Koskinen . All reviews posted anonymously by IRS employees.