IRS
www.irs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Glass Ceiling

Data Entry Operator (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsLots of overtime during April, Night Differential for 630p-230a shift, casual atmosphere, no dress code, ability to listen to music / podcasts while working all night.

ConsDespite having the best stats, was passed up from going from seasonal to full time. Much deference given to people having been there longer and not who was doing the best work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people full time jobs based on merit and not length of time with the company, and I would have stayed much longer.

Myopic Vision

Supervisory Internal Revenue Agent (Current Employee)
    Lanham, MD

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Interesting Work;flexible hours; good salary; ability to move around;great people;fitness… Cons: lack of leadership; micro management;inconsisent with technology;inconsistent human relations with employees; cliche driven "do more with less"; no… Advice to Senior Management: talk to the people who actually have to do the tasks you think will modernize the agency; stop cowtowing to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Could be better organized but the work itself is great

Tax Law Specialist (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at IRS as an intern for less than a year

Pros: When the work actually comes down, it's a wonderful place to work - especially for people with legal backgrounds who don't… Cons: This flexibility comes with problems - deadlines don't seem to matter and colleagues' being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IRS CEO John Koskinen . All reviews posted anonymously by IRS employees.