ISA-ATX

www.isa-atx.com
There are newer employer reviews for ISA-ATX

pay attention to what the job is

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (less than a year)

Pros

there are possibilities to make a lot of money and get experience doing something that you really need to be more qualified for, which is running a business. The energy is usually high but its overdone.

Cons

They are good at making you think you are doing more than you really are before getting to run an office. The problem is, if a company has to sell you the business more than you have to sell yourself, you should think twice. big problem is they really try to catch people right out of college and the way the hiring works, they make you think you are one of a kind by saying "I think I would really like to get you for another interview, how about you go meet one of my 'managers' at one of the stores today." but in reality they do that to 90% of the applicants they bring in for a first interview. its a bit of a trick, but it fools people trying to have a job set up right out of college so you end up taking it. if you have time I would not advise going for this unless you just love sales, and even then just go do insurance or something. there are no benefits ever, no actual salaries. all money that comes to the office only comes from the commissions from selling the product (granted the customer installs) that are sent to the office from DirtecTV, then the manager decides how to have his/her pay rate that they have to think up. so they have it set up where you have a base (which was only $350 weekly) and then $100 each time a customer that you signed up installs the service (and yes you get screwed on that a lot and the manager will say it is because you didnt sell it correctly). a big problem though is that it is a DRAW and a CLAW BACK. so you dont get the 350 plus commisions, it is whatever is higher, and even worse any weeks you dont get commissions over the 350 you get a little pool of debt to the manager that you must pay back as you sell, so basically there is zero trust in anyone they hire to sell anything. that is why they hire so many and there is such a high turnover rate. so again if you totally love sales and people will buy something from you for what feels like no reason, as well ass sitting in a Best Buy or CostCo bugging customers about TV service (just think when they ask you if you heard about there event what you respond with), and being in an industry where if you got in a car wreck and were incapacitated for 2 weeks your financing would be screwed because there is no job stability, then this is for you. Without discriminating, this type of job is for older people who got kicked out of there own industry because of one reason or another, and people who were living on the street. which is mainly what the people that stay there are. most the people who have degrees (like myself) and are highly skilled and qualified can definitely get a more stable job than this.

Just be straight forward, tell them that there are selling a product in order to open an office to train people to sell a product. it is not that difficult to just be honest. Stop trying to sugar coat things because you know how shifty this business can be. You know it is a shifty business that you can make a large amount of money quickly, so just tell like it is, because it will still attract those sales guys from AT-T and other door to door jobs. Don't butter it up by saying you are holding events at retailers, because they are not events, you are in there everyday, and none of the deals are only that day, or even that week. the dates are on the laminates, and each deal lasted about 3 months each. so just tell them they are salesmen training to manage other salesmen.

30 Other Employee Reviews for ISA-ATX (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a new career path!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are looking for qualified individuals based on their ability and not their experienced for full time employment. There was a weekly social hour after work where you get to hang out with the team. This job offers base plus commission with other prizes and incentives throughout the year. They have a vibrant group of individuals who are highly motivated.

Cons

Commute getting longer cause so many people are moving to Austin.

Please always allow us to contact and network with the leaders in the industry so we can learn from their ambition and drive. This was a huge perk of the job.

Great job, and nice location

Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I moved here from Dallas and was looking for something in the marketing or sales industry. They called me in for an interview about a week after I submitted my resume and I will be starting in a couple weeks. Their business plan struck me because of the growth potential. I was a sales manager previously and there was no room for advancing any further, so I'm hoping I really can advance more here.

Cons

The move from Dallas to Austin complicated. For anyone moving into town, Austin's real estate market is just a battlefield. If you like a place and you are moving from another city you need to be aggressive and very swift with your offers or someone will snag the place that you like. I've already had 3 condos I like that have only been on the market a day or 2 and then my agent calls and someone has already made an offer!

There are newer employer reviews for ISA-ATX