There are newer employer reviews for ISA-ATX

Just another MLM type of company like Vector Marketing

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incentivized and clean compensation system that can work for the extremely team motivated and outgoing personalities.

Cons

Just a basic MLM company that abuses their new employees time to cover slow or sluggish territory. You drive a lot of miles going back and forth from the office before and after going to the stores to sell.

Further explanation of job and duties at pre-interview level.

ISA-ATX Response

Dec 3, 2013HR

I love it when my competition post these ridiculous comments on these websites to try and discredit us. We work with some of the Biggest fortune 500 brands in the nation and have long term contracts ... More

24 Other Employee Reviews for ISA-ATX (View Most Recent)

Expanding by leaps and bounds

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA-ATX full-time

Pros

ISA-ATX is growing. We just opened a new location across from the Domain in Austin. Our goal is to double in size this year again. We have opened a ton of locations and are looking for a few more good people to join our team.

Cons

Work hard and play hard

Keep up the expansion

pay attention to what the job is

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at ISA-ATX full-time (less than an year)

Pros

there are possibilities to make a lot of money and get experience doing something that you really need to be more qualified for, which is running a business. The energy is usually high but its overdone.

Cons

They are good at making you think you are doing more than you really are before getting to run an office. The problem is, if a company has to sell you the business more than you have to sell yourself, you should think twice. big problem is they really try to catch people right out of college and the way the hiring works, they make you think you are one of a kind by saying "I think I would really like to get you for another interview, how about you go meet one of my 'managers' at one of the stores today." but in reality they do that to 90% of the applicants they bring in for a first interview. its a bit of a trick, but it fools people trying to have a job set up right out of college so you end up taking it. if you have time I would not advise going for this unless you just love sales, and even then just go do insurance or something. there are no benefits ever, no actual salaries. all money that comes to the office only comes from the commissions from selling the product (granted the customer installs) that are sent to the office from DirtecTV, then the manager decides how to have his/her pay rate that they have to think up. so they have it set up where you have a base (which was only $350 weekly) and then $100 each time a customer that you signed up installs the service (and yes you get screwed on that a lot and the manager will say it is because you didnt sell it correctly). a big problem though is that it is a DRAW and a CLAW BACK. so you dont get the 350 plus commisions, it is whatever is higher, and even worse any weeks you dont get commissions over the 350 you get a little pool of debt to the manager that you must pay back as you sell, so basically there is zero trust in anyone they hire to sell anything. that is why they hire so many and there is such a high turnover rate. so again if you totally love sales and people will buy something from you for what feels like no reason, as well ass sitting in a Best Buy or CostCo bugging customers about TV service (just think when they ask you if you heard about there event what you respond with), and being in an industry where if you got in a car wreck and were incapacitated for 2 weeks your financing would be screwed because there is no job stability, then this is for you. Without discriminating, this type of job is for older people who got kicked out of there own industry because of one reason or another, and people who were living on the street. which is mainly what the people that stay there are. most the people who have degrees (like myself) and are highly skilled and qualified can definitely get a more stable job than this.

Just be straight forward, tell them that there are selling a product in order to open an office to train people to sell a product. it is not that difficult to just be honest. Stop trying to sugar coat things because you know how shifty this business can be. You know it is a shifty business that you can make a large amount of money quickly, so just tell like it is, because it will still attract those sales guys from AT-T and other door to door jobs. Don't butter it up by saying you are holding events at retailers, because they are not events, you are in there everyday, and none of the deals are only that day, or even that week. the dates are on the laminates, and each deal lasted about 3 months each. so just tell them they are salesmen training to manage other salesmen.

There are newer employer reviews for ISA-ATX