ISA (International Studies Abroad)

www.studiesabroad.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for ISA (International Studies Abroad)

I have enjoyed being able to work in this amazing place with amazing people, while moving up the ladder.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ISA (International Studies Abroad)

Pros

ISA is very innovative in terms of what we are doing in the field of study abroad. It's great to be a part of it! I also love working with my colleagues, who have similar knowledge and experience. It's a fun, vibrant company to be a part of! I have been working here for several years, and ISA continues to challenge me and to also promote me. I have been here for over five years, and from my experience if you work hard, you will reap the benefits here! I really enjoy coming in to work everyday.

Cons

I wish the work hours were more flexible, but I know that we need to be here during certain times to be available to advisers and students. Overall ISA is very understanding if you need personal time off, so it's not really a big deal.

Advice to Management

I have really enjoyed working with the management team over the years. I like how they will choose colleagues to form committees to have us all work together on projects. It's a great way to improve what's already great at ISA. I think they do an excellent job of keeping us in the loop about goings on at ISA. A few years ago, I would have had more advice and feedback, but currently I think they do an excellent job, and they are all very approachable.

reviews filtered by

Good place, enjoyable job

I have been working at ISA (International Studies Abroad)

Pros

ISA is a youthful and energetic company filled with passionate people. I enjoy working here and getting to work in a field that I have come to love. I get to keep in touch with countries that I love and have experience in and also keep up language skills. Overall I feel satisfied with my job here and the prospects that I have.

Cons

Pay is not great... but it's education. It's expected. It is also a an office job, with little international travel opportunity depending on your position. It is not the place for a wanderer who wants to travel internationally for work as many people who come to work here are.

Advice to Management

Work a little more on organizational management. ISA is growing fast, so management needs to figure out how to cope with this growth not only services wise, but employee/human resources wise as well.

A great learning opportunity but quickly outgrown with very little upward mobility.

I have been working at ISA (International Studies Abroad)

Pros

The ability to work with many different departments and on projects that vary in nature. This provides employees with the opportunity to become very multifaceted and flexible. Being surrounded by vibrant and passionate colleagues that inspire.

Cons

Decisions appear to lack careful consideration and leave many employees uneasy about their job and the stability of the company. Rather than being a proactive company, the senior level management seems to favor a reactive method of business. Employees are not recognized for the work that they do, but rather reprimanded when numbers or productivity begin to slip. Management is carried out through scare tactics that are more than likely a reaction of the management style they themselves are receiving from the very top. Instead of looking for the root of the problems within the organization and determining what changes need to be made, the "shove it under the rug" approach is taken by distracting employees with a happy hour and unrealistic amounts of work. What were bright and revolutionary beings, are now jaded or unknowingly biased employees. Absolutely no effort or money is put into the personal and professional development of the staff. As proof, you only receive five days of paid vacation a year your first year (Barely enough time to make it overseas). If a study abroad company does not value the importance of a two-week vacation to a staff full of passionate wanderers, then there is a serious disconnect between those that institute the rules and those that make this company the successful and quality company it has become. In this globalizing market, a company of this "turn and burn" nature will not survive unless it begins to look for longevity in its investments. No, longevity is not cheap, but it's sturdy.

There are newer employer reviews for ISA (International Studies Abroad)