ISE

There are newer employer reviews for ISE

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technology Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Technology Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ISE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at ISE for 13 years starting in Operations and eventually moving my way up to Infrastructure Management. Days and weeks pass quickly at ISE as I am constantly learning from both my team and senior management. I keep in touch with many of the individuals that have left ISE and many often comment that the ISE culture is unmatched and truly understand the proverb “the grass is always greener.” Culture is great, Senior management is transparent and honestly, upward mobility is proven and seen throughout the company and overall compensation is generous. Many grass roots Technology initiatives such as Devops, SDN and automation have originated from technical staff and adopted by management.

Cons

Although I am fair I do expect a lot from my team. I often challenge them with deliverables that may be a stretch. However, as detailed above, the rewards are there in terms of compensation, upward mobility and exposure. I find that I never really have to “push” people as the culture creates a momentum of its own and deliverables are rarely missed. Every individual at ISE knows that they are part of a team and that visibility is awarded to those that deserve it. Another Con is meeting management. There are too many meetings and often they are not well organized with clear agendas, objectives and deliverables.

I would recommend this company to others. Few people are passionate about their job and what they do. I can truly say that I enjoy what I do and work for a team of outstanding individuals.

11 Other Employee Reviews for ISE (View Most Recent)

Outstanding company to work for

I have been working at ISE full-time

Pros

* Company is in the center of the financial industry which makes the work challenging and ever changing - we never get bored
    * Good performance is always recognized both verbally and through the bonus and long term compensation structure
    * High achievers need only apply
    * Management always accessible

Cons

* Company performance (and bonuses) highly correlated to market and economy
    * Small, young team making upward mobility more challenging than in a larger company
    * Weekend work for some technology teams

* Ignore the one or two negative reviews on this web site - you are doing an outstanding job!

It was good for a while

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ISE full-time

Pros

Approach is to share the good times (and the bad times) as far as pay and bonuses go. There is a real effort to offset busy periods of work with some fun.

Cons

Career and professional development opportunities are extremely limited. There is too much jostling for position and not enough focus on working together.

The company is too top heavy and too heavily invested in loyalty and alliances rather than competence and capability.

There are newer employer reviews for ISE