IT Alliance
www.italliancegroup.com Sheffield, United Kingdom

Great for a steady job that isn't too demanding or stressful, working with reasonable people, just don't stay too long.

Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Sheffield, England (UK)

ProsI found more free time in my role than I would find in many other positions, I used this to invest in my own training. Social opportunities were good, teams tend to be young, (20's and 30's) and the company encourages social events, sometimes pays for these events. The role wasn't too demanding, and staff are not micro managed.

ConsVery poor training or development opportunities, my experience of the ability to work on projects outside of my immediate role was poor, but others may have been more fortunate. Job roles tended to be very precise with little deviation resulting in bored unmotivated staff. Performance reviews, and so the opportunity to discuss pay, benefits or training were not commonplace. There was a tendency to become de-skilled as time progresses as your work with the technologies and processes will change little but the wider world may move on. This may be more indicative of the project rather than the company. No benefits such as pension/healthcare, etc, and only 20 days annual leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people, offer training, development and secondment opportunities to other projects to diversify skill-set. Mandate performance reviews. The pay wasn't as high as many others pay in the same role/sector but I'd have stayed if more opportunities for progression were available.

Great Place to work very friendly people excellent culture.

Tech Support (Former Employee)
    Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at IT Alliance part-time for more than a year

Pros: More than adequate compensation, focus on productivity rather than politics, ethical company and high management who… Cons: Meetings start often late and are almost always out of the time, and do concentrate on chatting more than working on bullet… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IT Alliance.

Worked for IT Alliance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IT Alliance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IT Alliance CEO Philip Maguire. All reviews posted anonymously by IT Alliance employees.