ITT Corp

www.itt.com

Miserable Place to Work

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsRochester is a convenient, reasonably priced place to live. The work is technically challenging and about as high tech as it gets. The people are top-notch.

ConsUpper management completely out of touch with the customer base and the "business" they are in. They are completely incompetent and out for their next performance appraisal and promotion. There is no future vision other than the next quarter. Fear of layoffs is pervasive and the place has a death-watch feel to it. There is absolutely no loyalty to the employees while they continually espouse wanting to grow employee loyalty to the company - it's a one way street. There is no concern for or money spent on employee development, professional association involvement, IR&D, facilities upgrades and pay raises are miserly - the list is endless. Benefits continue to erode year after year. In 1-3 years it will dry up and blow away.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out! The people brought in from Ft Wayne do not know the business or the customer. They have absolutely no confidence from the larger technical community and the customer base in general. The business relationships are bad and deteriorating.

regret of my life

Secretary (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros: good people, great location, with stability and reliabilty and regret… Cons: moved to New Jersey when I was living in Staten… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No relationship between non-technical, upper management and technical, lower-to-midlevel work force.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at ITT Corp

Pros: Great opportunity to learn cutting edge design, analysis, and manufacturing techniques… Cons: Upper-level managers are too non-technical for the business and are disconnected from workforce. Mid-level managers tend to… Advice to Senior Management: Upper-level managers--get out of your offices regularly, walk around the floor, introduce yourselves, and… More
There are newer reviews on ITT Corp.

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!