There are newer employer reviews for ITT Corp

Miserable Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at ITT Corp

Pros

Rochester is a convenient, reasonably priced place to live. The work is technically challenging and about as high tech as it gets. The people are top-notch.

Cons

Upper management completely out of touch with the customer base and the "business" they are in. They are completely incompetent and out for their next performance appraisal and promotion. There is no future vision other than the next quarter. Fear of layoffs is pervasive and the place has a death-watch feel to it. There is absolutely no loyalty to the employees while they continually espouse wanting to grow employee loyalty to the company - it's a one way street. There is no concern for or money spent on employee development, professional association involvement, IR&D, facilities upgrades and pay raises are miserly - the list is endless. Benefits continue to erode year after year. In 1-3 years it will dry up and blow away.

Get out! The people brought in from Ft Wayne do not know the business or the customer. They have absolutely no confidence from the larger technical community and the customer base in general. The business relationships are bad and deteriorating.

96 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Corp (View Most Recent)

regret of my life

Current Employee - Secretary in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Secretary in New York, NY

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros

good people, great location, with stability and reliabilty and regret that I am no longer a part of there operation.

Cons

moved to New Jersey when I was living in Staten Island so I had not choice.

No relationship between non-technical, upper management and technical, lower-to-midlevel work force.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at ITT Corp

Pros

Great opportunity to learn cutting edge design, analysis, and manufacturing techniques for space based telescopes.
    Pay and benefits are very competitive for the region.

Cons

Upper-level managers are too non-technical for the business and are disconnected from workforce.
    Mid-level managers tend to be empire builders and lead by personality (pushers).
    Company has too many contentious factions for its size.

Upper-level managers--get out of your offices regularly, walk around the floor, introduce yourselves, and have some conversations. You will meet some interesting people and understand your business better.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Corp