There are newer employer reviews for ITT Corp

Great! Very high degree of autonomy. Constant Flow of information (profitability, budget) all along the food chain

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  West Springfield, MA
Current Employee - Program Manager in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros

Very flat organization, very little meddling of management on day to day jobs. It was real pleasure to work there. Not at all a political place to work.

Cons

Practically no R&D. All efforts are towards one direction-military, defense products - high profitability

Spend and Spread development dollars on various segment of the market-defense/aerrospace, commercial programs and non defese projects evenly.

94 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Corp (View Most Recent)

Miserable Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at ITT Corp

Pros

Rochester is a convenient, reasonably priced place to live. The work is technically challenging and about as high tech as it gets. The people are top-notch.

Cons

Upper management completely out of touch with the customer base and the "business" they are in. They are completely incompetent and out for their next performance appraisal and promotion. There is no future vision other than the next quarter. Fear of layoffs is pervasive and the place has a death-watch feel to it. There is absolutely no loyalty to the employees while they continually espouse wanting to grow employee loyalty to the company - it's a one way street. There is no concern for or money spent on employee development, professional association involvement, IR&D, facilities upgrades and pay raises are miserly - the list is endless. Benefits continue to erode year after year. In 1-3 years it will dry up and blow away.

Get out! The people brought in from Ft Wayne do not know the business or the customer. They have absolutely no confidence from the larger technical community and the customer base in general. The business relationships are bad and deteriorating.

regret of my life

Current Employee - Secretary  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Secretary in New York, NY

I have been working at ITT Corp

Pros

good people, great location, with stability and reliabilty and regret that I am no longer a part of there operation.

Cons

moved to New Jersey when I was living in Staten Island so I had not choice.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Corp

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!