Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Exposure to new technology, opportunity to improve public speaking, decent pay for part time job.

Cons

Curriculum created by novices, Time required for each class (instruction, labs, grading, etc) exceeds 16+ hours per week.

Advice to Management

Invest the time in corporate partnerships to create practical and useful curriculum, improve grading, create pratical, interactive, ,managed labs.

Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Could be a very rewarding career if there was a different leadership mentality in corporate.

Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Dayton, OH

Pros

It is a rewarding position when you are able to help and positively change someone's life or situation. You are able to meet all walks of life and build strrong relationships with your students.

Cons

Management is numbered based, it is either "black" or "white" they do not allow room for the "gray area". Employees are treated as if they are disposable. Micromanagement is their day to day phiolosophy and the norm for management. I would not reccomend this position to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Rewarding in the fact that I help a lot of people prepare for a better job and life style. It is very satisfying knowing that I help others attain their life-style goals.

Cons

To do the best we can as full-time instructors, we spend very very many hours working out-side the traditional 40 hour work week.

Advice to Management

The best way to manage is to remember what it was like when you were in the field and how it affected you.