Depends on which campus and college director you work for

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

For the most part I really liked the people I worked with and my specific job duties.

Cons

Even though this is a place for higher education, they don't require that of their management positions and don't take the time to put them through proper management training. Therefore, depending on what campus and what college director you work for, it varies wildly on how professional the school is run.

Hire management with only bachelor's degrees or higher and spend the time and money to train the directors properly on proper office etiquette.

Other Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Good place to work but little time for much else

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute

Pros

Local management
    Good product mostly
    Nice facilities

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement
    Poor work/life balance
    Salary below comparable job at other companies

If you have any moral compass, RUN FAST

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Students, coworkers (if you're lucky)

Cons

Management out of touch, impossible goals, skewed metrics, no common sense, you have to throw people under the bus to get ahead, just a disgusting organization, plummeting stock, awful benefits (they are a joke), horrible work schedules, constant employee turnover (for all the above reasons)

Change the way you do EVERYTHING. Management is out of touch with the realities their employees face. Training is awful here, people don't know how to do their jobs and management can't even provide guidance at the campus level because they aren't even trained well. Investing in employees is the best way to earn their respect and trust - if you want people to work hard for you, then make them feel like they are worth something to you. Stop revoking every single holiday because recruitment numbers are down. Invest in new ways of lead development because the leads we get at the campus level are complete crap and most of them never even meant to request information. It's a giant waste of time and money. Stop setting goals without giving your employees the resources to achieve them. I've seen too many good, professional people filter through the revolving door that is employment at ITT. If you want to improve your public image, then start caring about the way you treat students and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!