There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Wave Goodbye to your freedom!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wyoming, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Co-workers became like family. (because you saw them MORE than your own) You found yourself wanting to go to work in the morning, but only to see your co-workers.

Cons

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing most of the time. Everything is kept secret like Fort Knox. There is no career path what-so-ever and even if you prove to be a dedicated employee, they could care less. To them, you are just a minion. You can be replaced! Say goodbye to your family and any outside life when you sign on to work here. Also, you can only be promoted if you do immoral things. They are losing students left and right and no one wants to enroll because it costs too much to get an associates degree.

Stop treating your staff like the red-headed step-child! They work hard so treat them accordingly. Motivate them!!!

510 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

This is a poor example of a college"

Current Employee - Student Representative  in  Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Student Representative in Mobile, AL

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

My Co-Workers are a joy to work with and always entertaining.

Cons

Everything else that is associated with this position in the marketing department.

Stop bullying your employees. From the top down. The environment is toxic

I do not recommend this location or position to anyone

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter  in  Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Educational Recruiter in Hanover, MD

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the other reps I worked with. They were great and we all got along extremely well.

Cons

Glorified telemarketing position - You'll call someone that "requested information" until you get them, even if that means once every hour (which was a pretty common request). It's a high pressured sales environment; be prepared for any interested students to run out of their appointment as fast as they can, simply from the pressure of upper management.

First and foremost, this has to have been the most negative, toxic environment I've ever been in and I got out as soon a I possibly could. It's the upper management - they are not leaders, they are children.

Any type of outside life you may have (ie. children, wife/husband) is deemed less important than ITT Technical Institute.

Be prepared for the suggestive type of work environment: they are "suggestions" and if you don't take their suggestions it's seen as insubordination.

Upper management has terrible leadership and you'll get the "wave" effect, if your numbers are up you are the most amazing thing since sliced bread, but the following week if your numbers are low they'll have no problem kicking you while your down. VERY TOXIC environment.

Sick? Who cares, work through it. Have a family emergency -- tough luck - hope they can handle it solo! Accumulated Vacation? Good luck trying to use it.

Brace yourself for nasty e-mails from upper management, followed by a trot down the "Rep isle" acting as if no such e-mail was just sent out. If you are looking for a manager that can talk to you maturely, in person about any issues they may have -- this is not the place for you.

Pay scale is a joke. Succeeding in your current Rep Classification? -- don't hold your breath for a promotion, you'll have to wait a year to hop on that train. WAY underpaid for the job you are doing. You are asked to work a lot of overtime - but since you are hourly you are compensated for it. The pay is not worth the stress and agony of this toxic environment.

You'll work 2+ mandatory nights and every other Saturday, and if your numbers are low they will turn that 2 night minimum into 3 or 4 night's easily (Nights = 12pm-9pm/11am-9 pm).

I do not recommend this position to anyone. You'll be miserable, mistreated, and underpaid.

Have a heart. Listen to your employees -- stop talking, stop ignoring, and just listen.. without pretending. Stop acting like Children and start acting like leaders. If you don't, you'll continue to have employee's jumping ship.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!