There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

A mediocre job...just mediocre...

Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Merrillville, IN
Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with some great people, get to meet some interesting characters that want to enroll in school and the pay is just okay.

Cons

Oh boy...where do I start. Horrible benefits, management and everyone at the corporate level are clueless,.lots of micro management. They also don't care about the well being of the students.. if you're looking at being a recruiter then get used to feeling like a telemarketer.

Lower your tuition to get more people through the doors. Better employee surveys that aren't multiple choice. Take our advice and try to be more ethical.

reviews filtered by

Education

Current Employee - Instructor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Instructor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Student success is the top priority.

Cons

Headquarters looks at the numbers too much.

Teaching is a profession in itself.

Does not care about students

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Merrillville, IN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice atmosphere, nice clean buildings. Lots of percs, accessories, etc when you are teaching classes there. My colleagues were wonderful.

Cons

Treating students like they are cattle. I was told by the Dean "Every student is a $$". I was not allowed to use any of my own classroom materials, ITT has pre-written courses. All you have to do as an instructor is deliver it to the students. It was almost cult like to say the least. Any person at all could teach this curriculum and not even try. I was told to NOT put that I worked at this school on my resume, because most higher education institutions do not acknowledge this as real teaching.

Stop charging so much tuition, stop taking in every single student who cannot go anywhere else. Don't give these students false hopes of a job, many employers in my area refuse to hire ITT grads because they have not received a real education, it's an ITT Tech manufactured one.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute