ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

Does not care about students

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)
Merrillville, IN

ProsNice atmosphere, nice clean buildings. Lots of percs, accessories, etc when you are teaching classes there. My colleagues were wonderful.

ConsTreating students like they are cattle. I was told by the Dean "Every student is a $$". I was not allowed to use any of my own classroom materials, ITT has pre-written courses. All you have to do as an instructor is deliver it to the students. It was almost cult like to say the least. Any person at all could teach this curriculum and not even try. I was told to NOT put that I worked at this school on my resume, because most higher education institutions do not acknowledge this as real teaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop charging so much tuition, stop taking in every single student who cannot go anywhere else. Don't give these students false hopes of a job, many employers in my area refuse to hire ITT grads because they have not received a real education, it's an ITT Tech manufactured one.

Started ok but has gotten worse over the years

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
    Orland Park, IL

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: Varied Schedule, working with student Cons: Lack of market analysis, No advancement, Using 20 year old… Advice to Senior Management: do better at everything No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Up Hill Battle to Recruit Students

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: Close to home. Hours are decent. Decent entry level salary Cons: Leads they give you are horrible. To get local leads which could potentially lead to enrollment you must first move up in… Advice to Senior Management: Try setting your people up for success rather than failure. Give the new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.