There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Honest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to help people that are passed over by traditional education. Great co-workers.

Cons

They never seem to know what they're doing at a given time. Everyone wants to help, but there is no real leadership. Just a lot of inter-office politics and backstabbing. No one can get fired, but plenty of people can get laid off.

Schizophrenic doesn't begin to describe the place.

Older employees seem to remember the good old days. But, since I've been here it's like watching a dog spin in a circle trying to catch its own tail.

508 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

Working for ITT Technical Institute is not only frustrating, it is dis-empowering.

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The campus employees are fantastic. They are some of the best co-workers I've ever had the pleasure to know. They are honest, ethical and caring individuals who do their best to deliver on the mission statement.

Cons

*The "help" provided by HQ is almost non-existent. When we ask for help, we're told to contact other campuses and talk to their employees.
    *The standard lines are "All the campuses get the same leads," or "It's like that at all the campuses," and so on, when we explain why we're unable to meet the impossible goals that are set for us.
    *We are expected to work on virtually every holiday except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, even though the company has designated the days as holidays.
    *The Performance Management System used by HQ works only for the upper management, since they're the only ones who get to do the planning or receive rewards.

*All campuses and geographical areas are not the same. What works in one school may not work in another.
    *Use more than numbers to judge the performance of your employees. You've removed the 'human' from 'human resources'.
    *Stop determining staffing levels based upon the needs of a start-up campus. Long-standing campuses have alumni to consider, especially in the Career Services area.
    *If you really care about "outcomes", i.e., graduate and pre-graduate employment, stop downsizing the Career Services area. You should be adding staff.
    *Prove that education is more important than profits and stop forcing on-ground students to take online classes. That is not the kind of efficiency that improves the educational experience, and saying that employers want employees who have experience with online learning is just an excuse to save money on adjunct and full-time instructor salaries.
    *Either reward the HQ and campus staff members the way the CEO and upper management are rewarded (with millions of dollars in bonuses for 70+% declines in stock price), or reward the CEO and upper management the way the HQ and campus staff members are rewarded (with 0-2.75% cost of living adjustment).
    *Include campus staff in the planning and goal setting process. They know what conditions are like in their areas. HQ doesn't.
    *Work more closely with campuses and faculty on curriculum rather than virtually handing it over to Pearson Publishing.

If you have ethics, this isn't the place for you

Former Employee - Financial Aid Coordinator  in  Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Coordinator in Murray, UT

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

ITT pays a decent salary without requiring any formal education or degree. It's enjoyable getting to meet the students.

Cons

You are helping students get into almost $100,000 of debt (assuming they never retake a class) all the while knowing that the majority of them will end up in default when they land a job making only $10 - $12 an hour. There are students that this school works for, but those are mostly students already working in a company with success who can only get promoted if they have that piece of paper. The students who really end up with success worth the amount of money ITT costs are few and far between. Knowing that makes it very hard to stomach selling the product.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!