ITT Technical Institute

www2.itt-tech.edu

Extremely well run by very competent and caring people

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Troy, MI
Former Employee - Tutor in Troy, MI

Pros

I enjoy passing my knowledge to the next generation; the twinkle in their eye when the finally 'get it' is priceless.

Cons

I made $15.375/hour. I could only work 24 hours per week. They paid no extra for tutoring students with special needs (blind, deaf, speech, ls, etc.)

you do a reasonable job with the curricula. Some textbooks are horrible. Sit in class and talk to the students.

Other reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Declining

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Great benefits and entry pay.
    Light travel for middle management.
    Great technology and resources.
    Opportunity to relocate most anywhere in the US.
    Heightened sense of compliance and integrity.
    Concerned and (usually) intelligent faculty.

Cons

Lateral pay for position advancement in most cases.
    Beyond attainable goals to meet raise requirements.
    Software used for administrative functions is disorganized and not standard or current to many other schools.
    The future of this type of school is uncertain and the fears of that are seen in numerous layoffs and department consolidations.
    Headquarters has a real lack of sensitivity to what each individual school needs. They make "business" decisions that effect students adversely.

Neglect extreme cost cutting measures and reinstate an overly attentive customer service level. The tuition is in no way comaprable to the overall experience.

If you enjoy a personal life that starts before midnight, forget about it ...

Former Employee - Educational Recruiter
    Former Employee - Educational Recruiter

Pros

We always had a lot of fun together, I met some amazing co-workers, and it really benefited me for my future careers as far as interviewing prospects, scheduling, and cold calling.It taught me good leadership skills and how to talk with several different demographic prospective students. I was a great experience until, all of a sudden something will happen and then you get the cons *2

Cons

I hated the hours more than anything i think. I would also have to say the little groups that tend to merge together and cause trouble for the other departments. It isnt very stable and you never know whether you still have a job or you dont. Not everyone is genuine or trustworthy.

Be honest with your employees from the git go, don't sugar coat things and give peoples' hopes up. Walking in to work and then three hours later getting laid off, and knowing that it was going to happen days ago. Not Cool!

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!