ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

Working for ITT Technical Institute is not only frustrating, it is dis-empowering.

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe campus employees are fantastic. They are some of the best co-workers I've ever had the pleasure to know. They are honest, ethical and caring individuals who do their best to deliver on the mission statement.

Cons*The "help" provided by HQ is almost non-existent. When we ask for help, we're told to contact other campuses and talk to their employees.
*The standard lines are "All the campuses get the same leads," or "It's like that at all the campuses," and so on, when we explain why we're unable to meet the impossible goals that are set for us.
*We are expected to work on virtually every holiday except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, even though the company has designated the days as holidays.
*The Performance Management System used by HQ works only for the upper management, since they're the only ones who get to do the planning or receive rewards.

Advice to Senior Management*All campuses and geographical areas are not the same. What works in one school may not work in another.
*Use more than numbers to judge the performance of your employees. You've removed the 'human' from 'human resources'.
*Stop determining staffing levels based upon the needs of a start-up campus. Long-standing campuses have alumni to consider, especially in the Career Services area.
*If you really care about "outcomes", i.e., graduate and pre-graduate employment, stop downsizing the Career Services area. You should be adding staff.
*Prove that education is more important than profits and stop forcing on-ground students to take online classes. That is not the kind of efficiency that improves the educational experience, and saying that employers want employees who have experience with online learning is just an excuse to save money on adjunct and full-time instructor salaries.
*Either reward the HQ and campus staff members the way the CEO and upper management are rewarded (with millions of dollars in bonuses for 70+% declines in stock price), or reward the CEO and upper management the way the HQ and campus staff members are rewarded (with 0-2.75% cost of living adjustment).
*Include campus staff in the planning and goal setting process. They know what conditions are like in their areas. HQ doesn't.
*Work more closely with campuses and faculty on curriculum rather than virtually handing it over to Pearson Publishing.

If you have ethics, this isn't the place for you

Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee)
Murray, UT

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: ITT pays a decent salary without requiring any formal education… Cons: You are helping students get into almost $100,000 of debt (assuming they never retake a class) all the while knowing that the majority of them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Adjunct Faculty

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute part-time

Pros: I enjoyed the great students Cons: Low pay, no raises, high administrative turnover, not student-focused No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.