ITT Technical Institute

www.itt-tech.edu
  www.itt-tech.edu
There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Good company to break into education, but don't stay too long!

Former Employee - Career Services Specialist
Former Employee - Career Services Specialist

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Organized, good campus-level support staff; Excellent chairs and faculty. Decent salary. Assisting students to find their career aspirations is what motivated to get to work every day.

Cons

It's all about the numbers to the company. My previous supervisor was Jekyll and Hyde; one day way up, the next way down, and because she was too often "way down", her words and deeds ultimately drove me from this company. If she was a reflection of ITT - and by her actions and her overt brown-nosing, I'd say she was - then I'd exercise caution when seeking work here. I'll repeat: It's all about the numbers.

Hire more mentally-stable supervisors who can tactfully and artfully articulate responsibilities, and will cultivate and nurture a career aspiration, rather then treat you, ultimately, like chattel.

534 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

Rewarding occuppation, great people at my location

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a joy to work with supportive, team oriented, friendly, and professional group of people at my location.

Cons

A reduction in budget resulted in hundreds of full-time faculty and staff being work force reduced.

Using manufacturing method parameters to operate an educational institution does not seem to be effective. Perhaps the techniques used by current management are in need of change. If the reduction had been done at the top, many jobs would have been saved. Top management has driven the stock price down from $110 to $15. By that measure I should have lost my job. The CEO position alone is equivalent to 142 school positions.

No one listens

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say; Online Division in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say; Online Division in Carmel, IN

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My boss is great--best manager ever

Cons

Generally, employees talk about leaving as "getting out" as if you are in prison; this very negative attitude occurs with most every long-term employee and is likely based on the lack of "listening" from upper management. Please see suggestions.

Please spend money on feedback mechanisms for staff and faculty to actually implement/credit employees for their suggestions. Implement funds for minor programs toward employee satisfaction (on-site gym or cafe, couches or carpet in the break room, HEAT in the building)--no cop-outs for the single meal per year, opportunities for more to work from home. If money is invested in staff, overall training costs for employee turnover will decrease to a balancing point. Employees feel trapped in positions--there is little internal hiring for promotions. They are ill-rewarded for their hard work/salaried overtime, with more expected of less staff all of the time. There is no advance preparation to increase staffing when the company desires more students, they simply hire more admissions representatives without worrying about increasing the capability to maintain the status of current students. Please take these suggestions to heart, as I have thought them through thoroughly and would like to improve this workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute