ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

Great place to instruct - resources provided and plenty of flexibility how teaching methods

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)
Spokane, WA

ProsDepartment chairs give adjunct instructors plenty of flexibility on how to teach materials to students. Materials are provided, including access to several types of media.

ConsStudents do not take an entrance exam so their abilities vary (a few couldn't write). Also, several were there just there to use their financial aid and had no interest in the program. Others (in talking about criminal justice program) had prior convictions which would preclude them from employment in the career field.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide flexibility and support the instructors when student/teacher issues arise.

All about the Benjamins

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Torrance, CA

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Supervisors are understanding, clean work environment. Cons: Schedule sucks, adjuncts are replaced, school downsizing even though they are making billions in profit. Instructors forced to work from full time to part time.… Advice to Senior Management: Please stop thinking about money and try to give the instructors… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome

Associate Dean (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Company, great co-workers, great salary, great satisfaction Cons: Very controlled structure, low impact on corporate decision making. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.