ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

Much depends on the quality of the Campus Director

Director of Recruitment (Current Employee)

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

ProsI had the good fortune to work with a smart and committed campus director. Truly committed to student success. Great opportunity to try new things, explore training opportunities for staff and grow yourself and staff professionally. Pay in the 60's for Directors of Recruitment and the mid 30's to upper 40's for recruiters.

ConsEverything including hiring and firing eminates from HQ, often very aggressive enrollment goals based on volume of often low quality internet aggregator purchased leads - many (maybe even most) of which were actually desperate job seekers not degree seekers. Tuition was close to 5X greater than comparable community colleges (in 2012) and ITT's national accreditation means ITT Tech courses are pretty much only transferrable to another ITT Tech.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on program quality, Lower your tuition. Quit protecting the 36% profit margins on students and act like the stewards of taxpayer dollars you are before student default rates get so high the Fed pulls your Title 4 funding and the gig is up! Many dedicated and strong people lost to ITT because enrollment goals can be unrealistic based on the economic and personal realities for many in the populations ITT targets.

Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros: Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation,… Cons: Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for… Advice to Senior Management: While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible company with NO chance for professional growth!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros: ITT Tech is not like other proprietary educational institutes in that we do not offer “refunds” just for going to school. ITT Tech only takes… Cons: First off, expect to be micromanaged. Corporate comes out with new policies all the time. You are given inflated metrics that you need to achieve… Advice to Senior Management: It's all about the bottom line with ITT - how much $$ the stockholders and those high up in their corporate ivory tower will clear… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.