ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

Interesting mix of people

- - - (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsSurprisingly, ITT is actually committed to helping people get a real education; however, it's not right school for everyone. (students have to show up and do the work!) There are a lot of negative reviews here, primarily from the reps. At most ITT schools, reps come and go - they are the sales side of the business. If they don't make their numbers or if say the wrong thing to a shopper, they are let go. They are under a microscope. Then again, their job is simply to make calls, hope people show up for their appointments, and eventually enroll. The academic side is so different. These positions require faculty members to have a certain level of education (usually a Masters) and the work they assign the students is not easy.

ConsFrom what I said above about the reps - it's a tough and stressful job, and most don't last.

Some of the directors have no experience in management (at least at my campus) and it shows.

Also, sales people having to deal with true academic types can be difficult. You can definitely see the separation between the two groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach campus is a different story. It really depends on how the Campus Director, the other Directors (finance, career services, recruitment, registrar) and the Dean work together. There are a lot of chiefs and sometimes, not a lot of experience. My advice to management - take some courses in management or at least read Covey!

I have met Mr. Modany and I will say that I appreciate his efforts, his commitment and his focus on the future.

Much depends on the quality of the Campus Director

Director of Recruitment (Current Employee)

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: I had the good fortune to work with a smart and committed campus director. Truly committed to student success. Great opportunity to try new things,… Cons: Everything including hiring and firing eminates from HQ, often very aggressive enrollment goals based on volume of often low quality internet aggregator purchased leads -… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on program quality, Lower your tuition. Quit protecting the 36% profit margins on students and act like the stewards of taxpayer dollars you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Forgot to Mention

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to pay your bills for a while Cons: Forgot to mention that they let me go just under 3 years, which… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.