There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Interesting mix of people

Current Employee - - - - in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - - - - in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Surprisingly, ITT is actually committed to helping people get a real education; however, it's not right school for everyone. (students have to show up and do the work!) There are a lot of negative reviews here, primarily from the reps. At most ITT schools, reps come and go - they are the sales side of the business. If they don't make their numbers or if say the wrong thing to a shopper, they are let go. They are under a microscope. Then again, their job is simply to make calls, hope people show up for their appointments, and eventually enroll. The academic side is so different. These positions require faculty members to have a certain level of education (usually a Masters) and the work they assign the students is not easy.

Cons

From what I said above about the reps - it's a tough and stressful job, and most don't last.

Some of the directors have no experience in management (at least at my campus) and it shows.

Also, sales people having to deal with true academic types can be difficult. You can definitely see the separation between the two groups.

Each campus is a different story. It really depends on how the Campus Director, the other Directors (finance, career services, recruitment, registrar) and the Dean work together. There are a lot of chiefs and sometimes, not a lot of experience. My advice to management - take some courses in management or at least read Covey!

I have met Mr. Modany and I will say that I appreciate his efforts, his commitment and his focus on the future.

520 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

Forgot to Mention

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to pay your bills for a while

Cons

Forgot to mention that they let me go just under 3 years, which means they are not obligated to give you any of the matched 401k earnings.

Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation, control over teaching staff which created great learning opportunities for student from professionals actively in field.

Cons

Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for management wiggle room.

While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate employees subjectively. Evaluation by numerical standard alone does not reflect the efforts of the individual.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute