ITT Technical Institute

Current Employee - Systems Support Technician  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Systems Support Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was one of the best and worst experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to be a student and an employee.

Cons

I had the opportunity to be a student and an employee. There was no line between the two at times.

Pay less attention to the bottom line and more attention to student satisfaction.

Other Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Interesting mix of people

Current Employee - - - -  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - - - - in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Surprisingly, ITT is actually committed to helping people get a real education; however, it's not right school for everyone. (students have to show up and do the work!) There are a lot of negative reviews here, primarily from the reps. At most ITT schools, reps come and go - they are the sales side of the business. If they don't make their numbers or if say the wrong thing to a shopper, they are let go. They are under a microscope. Then again, their job is simply to make calls, hope people show up for their appointments, and eventually enroll. The academic side is so different. These positions require faculty members to have a certain level of education (usually a Masters) and the work they assign the students is not easy.

Cons

From what I said above about the reps - it's a tough and stressful job, and most don't last.

Some of the directors have no experience in management (at least at my campus) and it shows.

Also, sales people having to deal with true academic types can be difficult. You can definitely see the separation between the two groups.

Each campus is a different story. It really depends on how the Campus Director, the other Directors (finance, career services, recruitment, registrar) and the Dean work together. There are a lot of chiefs and sometimes, not a lot of experience. My advice to management - take some courses in management or at least read Covey!

I have met Mr. Modany and I will say that I appreciate his efforts, his commitment and his focus on the future.

Forgot to Mention

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to pay your bills for a while

Cons

Forgot to mention that they let me go just under 3 years, which means they are not obligated to give you any of the matched 401k earnings.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!