There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Interesting Experience but I could not have made a career out of it.

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Columbus, OH

I worked at ITT Technical Institute part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to connect with other teachers in the multimedia design industry. I gained valuable teaching experience.

Cons

I was asked to inflate student's grades in order to pass them. I didn't feel that the education the students were receiving made them competitive for jobs in the field. Most of them had been given unrealistic expectations for a two year technical degree. It was extremely hard to get students to do assignments outside of class. It is hard to make this a full time position. Often teachers were given oe to two classes a quarter.

Advice to Management

Set higher expectations. Students will sense when they don't have to do a lot to pass, and will scale the amount of work they put into their degree accordingly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. experience has been overall good

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

helping people improve their life. watching students excell during their time at school and graduate.

Cons

work hours can be inconsistent from month to month.

At first it was a good experience. The opportunity has been soured by the upper management decisions

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Curriculum and great for the students. Smart Instructors and great experiences to share with the students.

Cons

Expecting too much out of the employees with no compensation. Firing all of the Fulltime Employees and making the Program chairs teach 2 to 5 classes plus their regular job. I guess this is a form of cheap labor. Putting students online that do not like online courses. They do not thrive in online courses. Many of the students are failing the online "blended" courses. These students are taking courses 2 and 3 times over. Classroom sizes are 10 to 40 students when I first started teaching they had small classes I could reach each student it is so easy to lose students when there are so many.

Advice to Management

Go to the schools and actually teach a class of 40 new starts and see how many they will be able to keep. Talk to the students about online courses. Look at the program chairs and how many have left and how the census has gone down since they left.