ITT Technical Institute
www2.itt-tech.edu Indianapolis, IN

At first it was a good experience. The opportunity has been soured by the upper management decisions

ProsGreat Curriculum and great for the students. Smart Instructors and great experiences to share with the students.

ConsExpecting too much out of the employees with no compensation. Firing all of the Fulltime Employees and making the Program chairs teach 2 to 5 classes plus their regular job. I guess this is a form of cheap labor. Putting students online that do not like online courses. They do not thrive in online courses. Many of the students are failing the online "blended" courses. These students are taking courses 2 and 3 times over. Classroom sizes are 10 to 40 students when I first started teaching they had small classes I could reach each student it is so easy to lose students when there are so many.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to the schools and actually teach a class of 40 new starts and see how many they will be able to keep. Talk to the students about online courses. Look at the program chairs and how many have left and how the census has gone down since they left.

ITT Technical Institute...an adjunct experience

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: -reasonably friendly shop -more often than not, you're left alone to… Cons: -pay lower than other schools/career colleges -they have no desire to hire FT; prefer you stay… Advice to Senior Management: by trying to have all adjuncts and no benefits and a bunch of extra unpaid duties that is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

experience has been overall good

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros: helping people improve their life. watching students excell during their… Cons: work hours can be inconsistent from month to month. More
There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ITT Technical Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ITT Technical Institute CEO Kevin M. Modany. All reviews posted anonymously by ITT Technical Institute employees.