ITT Technical Institute

www2.itt-tech.edu

Experience...

Sst (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsI was able to gather a good bit of experience in the areas of end user support and desktop maintenance and repair. The exposure was somewhat broad as the company is in the field of always staying up to date on technology. The overall structure in my division was well laid out and organized in comparison to other companies I have worked for.

ConsI was a student of the company for 4 years then a full time employee for another 4+ years to only be abused of my skill sets for other than what I was hired for. This was a problem mainly at the local management level stemming from the corporate level. I started with solely doing what was in my job description to facility maintenance and janitorial duties. It was rather insulting to hold a degree that they held such high standards for, to only be tasked with troubleshooting toilet issues and shining the company sign. I would also add that due to the structure, there was not much room for advancement without moving to the corporate offices up North.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the corporate management; Actually have a better understanding of what your local campuses are doing with their employees. Helping out is one thing and saving a dime is saving a dime but don't do it at the expense of abusing your current employees and what they were hired for.

Opportunity to change lives and the future of technology is amazing.

Dean (Current Employee)

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros: Able to manage a top notch academic team and some… Cons: No work/life balance. Position requires work seven days a week… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of consistently increasing the duties of your mangers, try reducing the load of tasks taht could be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You are replaceable, and they will ensure that you know that.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: I met some pretty awesome people at ITT, and I hope to ensure… Cons: "You should be happy that you have a job" - this was a response from a Director when some employees were expressing that they wish… Advice to Senior Management: There are other places to work... there are other jobs out there... organizations who actually show that they care about their employees. I realize that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ITT Technical Institute.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!