There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Focus on the students

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prefab lesson plans make it easy prepare.

Cons

Lack of flexibility in grading method, to give the benefit of a doubt where possible.

507 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

You are replaceable, and they will ensure that you know that.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some pretty awesome people at ITT, and I hope to ensure that several of them find a new job before the end of the year.

Cons

"You should be happy that you have a job" - this was a response from a Director when some employees were expressing that they wish they had some sort of positive aspect to cling to when they came to work.
    "You are too positive" - this was from another director when I was trying to look at the bright side of a pretty bleak situation. I would rather focus on what went right, and then analyze what went wrong in order to ensure that those behaviors / processes are tweaked to prevent them from happening again.
    Management in general (top-level down) ensure that you know at all times that you are replaceable. If you don't like it "there are jobs all up and down Pennsylvania avenue" - another quote from a director at ITT.
    "We are not in the gym business" - a response from the CEO when asked during a company meeting whether or not ITT planned to offer a discount for a gym like most other organizations in the area.
    They fired 40 people for reasons of RIF, and posted their positions the very next day at a salary of about 40% less.

There are other places to work... there are other jobs out there... organizations who actually show that they care about their employees. I realize that numbers are important. I realize that it is important for the organization to grow... of course... do you want it to grow with MDORs forging signatures because that particular state required a wet signature? What was the DORs response? Put the MDOR on final... what's the message here? Don't get caught forging signatures twice. Lovely....

Great teamwork enviorment, but management needed work

Former Employee - Senior Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Good teamwork
    *Rewarding helping students

**Don't get me wrong, I was employed by ITT for over 5 years and did enjoy my time there. Also, not all managers there are bad, but several of them are overworked where promises and new policies established for the betterment of the team fall short, due to lack of follow thru because of being overworked. They need support management in order to make several departments successful.

Cons

*no follow thru with management
    *shady teir system for leads
    *alot of blame game on marketing department

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!