IUPUI

www.iupui.edu
There are newer employer reviews for IUPUI

Excellent environment, great retirement benefits, wonderful people!

Current Employee - Community Director in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Community Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at IUPUI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was a staff employee and pay wasn't great, but the benefits were excellent. Time off is generous plus IUPUI contributes 10% of one's salary to a retirement account each year (no match required; 3 year vesting period.) Overall, I liked the atmosphere and the people.

Cons

Within my school, there was a lack of communication. Although I liked working independently, many times I wanted there to be more of a team effort. I put in long hours -- sometimes up to 60 a week -- to get all of my work finished. As is common these days, there is more to do with less resources.

Communicate more internally with staff and faculty and work to build better relationships between the two groups. Also, acknowledge the hard work of staff, even if it is just saying thank you.

94 Other Employee Reviews for IUPUI (View Most Recent)

Pleasant

Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at IUPUI part-time (less than a year)

Pros

As an Undergraduate Research Assistant I was allowed to select my hours. Dr. Watson was pleasant to work and talk with. It was not a very demanding job and most of my general work was spent cleaning and sterilizing lab equipment. After a few months of doing that and observing the graduate students, Dr. Watson said I may be asked to begin helping them with their experiments.

Cons

The commute took valuable study time away from me. The reason for this being that I would often work after I had finished my classes for the day. The traffic in Indianapolis usually would get very heavy by the the time I finished work and I had a heavy study schedule.

I have no advice because they performed their roles well. It was my own schedule and time conflicts that resulted in me having to leave the position.

Student Assistant

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at IUPUI part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very Flexible hours with school schedule.

Cons

Very small and easy-to-do tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for IUPUI