There are newer employer reviews for IUPUI

Great School, Tortuous Administration

Current Employee - Research Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Research Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at IUPUI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work hours, great people

Cons

some encounters with the administrators, especially concerning hiring and salary negation, are onerous and inflexible

Reconsider policies pertaining to staff hiring and promotion. In an attempt to be equal, we've actually become less equal in other ways--equality is important but so is ability to negotiate to recruit and retain talent.

83 Other Employee Reviews for IUPUI (View Most Recent)

good place for fresh students

I worked at IUPUI as a contractor

Pros

Flexibility, ability to work from home, a fun workplace, you will learn a lot of skills about the IT infrastructure.

Cons

low pay unless you work there forever. Benefits are not good in this place, no 401K, health insurance is ok.

think about giving bonus cash money in national holidays.

Excellent environment, great retirement benefits, wonderful people!

Current Employee - Community Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Community Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at IUPUI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was a staff employee and pay wasn't great, but the benefits were excellent. Time off is generous plus IUPUI contributes 10% of one's salary to a retirement account each year (no match required; 3 year vesting period.) Overall, I liked the atmosphere and the people.

Cons

Within my school, there was a lack of communication. Although I liked working independently, many times I wanted there to be more of a team effort. I put in long hours -- sometimes up to 60 a week -- to get all of my work finished. As is common these days, there is more to do with less resources.

Communicate more internally with staff and faculty and work to build better relationships between the two groups. Also, acknowledge the hard work of staff, even if it is just saying thank you.

There are newer employer reviews for IUPUI