IXL Learning
www.ixl.com San Mateo, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Nice place to work.

Product Analyst (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are smart and generally upbeat and open to collaboration.

Benefits are fantastic. Best health insurance I've ever had. Dental and vision too.

Salary is pretty good -- though it sounds better before you move to the Bay Area. Cost of living is -steep-.

Stock options -- and since the company has been growing consistently over the past ~10 years, these options are probably not meaningless.

Flexible hours. Management is generally chill about when you come in. No one is sitting behind you watching the clock to make sure you've spent a full day there (at least on the software/product development side).

Working on a good product. The site is really slick, well-designed, and mathematically correct.

Transparency. A regular all-company meeting is held where the CEO, Paul, takes questions and gives an overview of what's going on. I don't feel like I'm in the dark about any company operations.

ConsThe commute from anywhere fun to live sucks. I didn't move to the Bay to live in San Mateo. In the peak of rush hour, it takes ~45 min from SF, 55 from Oakland, over an hour from Berkeley. A shuttle like Google has would be great, but the company is way too small for that.

Salary is a bit lower than other tech companies.

It's quiet in the office. I wish people would talk more.

Hours are slightly more than advertised in the interview, especially right before a product release. But, generally, the hours are better compared to other tech companies.

The company's bottom line is, of course, most important. The product is designed for a mainstream audience. I wish they would address concerns of kids in certain minorities -- for example, think about how to make the site friendly to kids with autism or print-related disabilities.

Totally Awesome

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The work is engaging and rewarding. You're making education more effective and enjoyable. I find myself accidentally spending free time on work. People are friendly, helpful,… Cons: I also like cats, but you are not allowed to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop spoiling me. What if I have to get another… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Come work with me!

Membership Specialist (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at IXL Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros: IXL IS JUST AWESOME. Just check out the other reviews! Everyone loves it here! We have so much fun! I'd… Cons: NONE! Don't listen to the haters! THey just don't know! Advice to Senior Management: You are doing an AMAZING job! BEST MANAGEMENT EVER. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IXL Learning.

Worked for IXL Learning? Contribute to the Community!

IXL Learning – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​About IXL Learning​​​​​ IXL Learning was founded in 1998 to advance education through Web-based technologies. We create transformative products with an impact that makes them instant classroom essentials. ​​​​​Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IXL Learning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IXL Learning CEO Paul Mishkin. All reviews posted anonymously by IXL Learning employees.