Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Mateo, CA

Pros

IXL is a great place to work. I look forward to getting up and going into work every weekday. The product analysts come from many different disciplines, which can result in some lively discussions. Everyone on the development team is very intelligent and easy to work with. It'll be interesting to see the how the team dynamics change as we grow. Our team meetings are already almost filling up our new conference room! But the best part about working here is that we work on cutting-edge educational technology products, which help kids around the world learn!

Cons

Schedules can get tight, which can make it hard for everyone on the development team. Nothing to the point where we're pulling all-nighters or anything, but we've had some long nights leading up to release dates. This isn't that different from any other start up from what I've heard.

Other Employee Reviews for IXL Learning

Comme ci, comme ca

Pros

Not bad pay. Decent product. Clean workplace although crowded.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work HARD - that's not the bad part though. There's a split between those who are hired as low level tech labourers and higher level. Everyone works hard, however depending on what you are hired for really determines where you'll be stuck due to limited upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Be very open if a position you are offering lacks upward mobility so expectations are clear in the beginning. Communicate more and often with staff instead of just with management. Keep in touch with those who work for you.

NOT Your father's tech company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IXL Learning (Less than a year)

Pros

Supporting education is a vital exercise -- nice to have your working hours count for something besides a paycheck. GREAT people so far! Benefits/perks much better than at similar companies in this area.

Cons

Initial salary is lower than for comparable roles at other companies, but annual raises and overall company culture have gone a long way to alleviate that!

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees as well as you treat your customers, and we'll get along just fiiiiine!