Idaho Central Credit Union

There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union

Poor Management Style

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employer paid benefits were the best I've ever seen. For non-IT departments, there is room to grow and get promoted from within.

Cons

Low compensation for IT team.
Management doesn't listen. Ideas that come from those in non-manager positions are not listened to. If, by some miracle they are, managers take all the credit. The VP of IT was the worst manager I've ever worked for. He has an "I"m never wrong" attitude. After others had left the company, he bad-mouthed everything the did. I'm sure he did the same about me.
There were many "knee-jerk" reactions. Rather than think through what would be best for the employees and the company, managers only look out for their best interests.
Managers and above take a large bonus at the end of the year, but most workers don't get any bonus at all.
For salary employees they are too focused on the number of hours worked than the work that was done. We were told that if we didn't put in at least 45 hours per week, we shouldn't expect a raise. And that 45 hours didn't include the time spend working evenings or from home.

Realize what a great workforce you have and treat them accordingly.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Outgoing

Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union

Pros

The local atmosphere. The ability to care for the members of the credit union. Living up to the standards of their mission statement.

Cons

Advancement within the company is time consuming even for an individual who is well knowledged in the day to day job setting.

Not the brightest upper management

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union

Pros

good members
    some locations are great, depends on the management
    decent schedules

Cons

Executives are close minded to smart change
    Sales pressures are intense
    Pay is not good for industry
    The credit union is CHEAP!

Pocatello officers need to get out of their offices and visit stores, solicite employee feedback before implementing change. Get on the same page, level of inconsistent answers and incompetence is crazy. Accountabeility for less than stellar employees is too lax, if someone can not do the job they were hired to do, get rid of them, and stop expecting other employees in the branch to pick up their slack.

There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union