Idaho Central Credit Union

There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union

Best Place To Work

Current Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID
Current Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome benefits
Awesome employee support from management
promotes from within
Upper management cares about their employees

Cons

There are always people within an institution who will be difficult to work with, but I believe Idaho Central Credit Union is looking out for me. The upper management has asked the branch representative's opinions, and they listen. They implement a lot of the requests they are given if they see a need, and the board of directors is awesome! I love my job at ICCU, and I will work for them until I retire...if I am lucky enough to do so. I highly recommend anyone interested to apply.

Keep doing what you're doing! However, I believe every employee should spend some time in the branch, and get a clear perspective on what it's like to be member facing. It's a valuable perspective.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Poor Management Style

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employer paid benefits were the best I've ever seen. For non-IT departments, there is room to grow and get promoted from within.

Cons

Low compensation for IT team.
    Management doesn't listen. Ideas that come from those in non-manager positions are not listened to. If, by some miracle they are, managers take all the credit. The VP of IT was the worst manager I've ever worked for. He has an "I"m never wrong" attitude. After others had left the company, he bad-mouthed everything the did. I'm sure he did the same about me.
    There were many "knee-jerk" reactions. Rather than think through what would be best for the employees and the company, managers only look out for their best interests.
    Managers and above take a large bonus at the end of the year, but most workers don't get any bonus at all.
    For salary employees they are too focused on the number of hours worked than the work that was done. We were told that if we didn't put in at least 45 hours per week, we shouldn't expect a raise. And that 45 hours didn't include the time spend working evenings or from home.

Realize what a great workforce you have and treat them accordingly.

Outgoing

Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Teller in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union

Pros

The local atmosphere. The ability to care for the members of the credit union. Living up to the standards of their mission statement.

Cons

Advancement within the company is time consuming even for an individual who is well knowledged in the day to day job setting.

There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union