There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union

Great if you have the right boss.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chubbuck, ID
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work if you have the right boss. If you don't get into the right position or the right boss you will have a hard time moving up. They select their employees very carefully

Cons

90% of the time you'll only work here if you know someone. While they brag about growth they don't always share that with their employees. Sometimes they do, but no always.

Middle management needs to be noticed more. Training philosophy is great, the content just needs to be of higher quality and you'll have the some of the best training around.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed working with my team. But upper management has lots of issues

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Burley, ID
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Burley, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. I enjoyed the team I worked with.

Cons

They tell you to become part of the community so I did. I bought a house got my family settled and then after being promoted to branch manager 2 months later they asked me to quietly resign. With no reasons of what I did wrong. But to work for another month. Little did I know they had a replacement within 24 hours of forcing me to leave. It was Some young thing without a family to care for. So if they say they are family oriented that is a bunch of bull. Good luck!

Take care of your employee. If you claim you are going to train and coach someone, then do it. Don't promote someone and make them think they are doing well and then can them with no explained reasons.

Good place to work, if you have the right manager

Former Employee - IT  in  Chubbuck, ID
    Former Employee - IT in Chubbuck, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management cares about employees, for the most part.
    Good salary
    Decent benefits
    Community involvement
    Growing all of the time

Cons

Politics get in the way of employees performing their best. Politics also gets in the way of personal life when you're wanted at some event going on outside of work.
    If you don't have a good manager, then this place can suck big time.
    The VP of IT is a bully and manages by intimidation. Nothing is ever done about it so that department wont get any better until he leaves. (another review posted here about IT management hit the nail on the head.
    Work/Life balance - stems from a demanding manager forcing employees to work extra hours and from home.
    Internal surveys done to help improve departments are a sham. You are urged to rate favorably. This is especially apparent when the "Best place to work" survey comes out every year.
    Company values aren't followed to the fullest.

Upper management needs to makes sure they stick to the company values, and make sure other managers are too.
    Take care of IT. That place is a mess and it comes from one person.
    Make sure employees have a good balance of work/personal life.

There are newer employer reviews for Idaho Central Credit Union

Worked for Idaho Central Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!