Idea Integration

www.idea.com
  www.idea.com
There are newer employer reviews for Idea Integration

Idea Integration - a company in transition, but not a bad ride.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Idea Integration full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management that pulled Idea out of debt and build a team of outstanding colleagues may be the best set of managers I've ever known. They did a great job of valuing employees, getting rid of inefficient role and individuals and creating a great environment of talented people to help each other be better consultants. As a first step from corporate environment into the world of consulting, my experience has been great in the short term.

Cons

Unfortunately the management turnover rate is higher than I would hope in my 5 years at the company, and with many buyouts our benefits have also de-volved and worsened. In addition, with the economy issues, salary raises and general career opportunities have become non-existent for any long term horizon.

They are on a good track with new management, however there are still no signs that the new management team really value the loyal employees. And despite the significant exodus of most of the top talent, there have been no promotions, bonuses, or real incentives for current talent to stay put. Most of the top talent that remain are here because we have personal circumstances that make jumping ship less of an option.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Idea Integration (View Most Recent)

Good people bad management

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Idea Integration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really smart people. Work environment ok.

Cons

Pay not best. Corp management has no clue about the market the company is in and makes stupid decisions that hurt everyone.

Spin it off and let it be it's own company run by folks who understand IT consulting.... Jacksonville is the company's biggest liability.

fair but dead end job

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Idea Integration

Pros

for basic experience, it will work

Cons

often no training, just thrown in and sink or swim. No feedback until you have/are in trouble. management would rather not know you exist, ie; they do not want problems

There are newer employer reviews for Idea Integration