Ideal Image

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Ideal Image

Good company...

I worked at Ideal Image full-time

Pros

Good leadership, strong ,racket vision.

Cons

Small company. Retirement benefits were just ok.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Ideal Image (View Most Recent)

Slave drivers

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant

I worked at Ideal Image full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great money free laser hair removal....if you ever get time to be treated...P.S. it HURTS.

Cons

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE A HONEST AND SMART SALES PROFESSIONAL!!!!
    UNETHICAL AND UNHONEST:
    The company lies to the customers and says laser hair removal is permanent ...which in some cases it makes you grow hair. The company trains the sales person to say that they need 8 treatments which is also a lie sometimes it only takes 2 treatments.

2012 MERGED WITH A SHADY PUBLICALLY TRADED COMPANY WHO NEEDED TO INCREASE PROFITS FOR SHARE HOLDERS:
    Also when I was hired it was meant to be a forty hour work week that is also a lie. The problem is the company was bought out by a company called Stiner and Leiser (STNR is the ticker) ..Stinier is a shady company based out of the Bahamas who is in financial trouble with its share holders because until they purchased Ideal Image, the majority of its revenues were based on cruise line and we all know how horrible that industry has done in the last few years.. Basically Stiner bought Ideal Image to squeeze every penny they can in order to pay back the share holders. As a former employee there I watched them take away base pay, implement the requirement for every sales person to buy gifts for their new customers (out of the sales persons pocket), and more recently, train the front desk girls to do the sales persons job for $13 hr. Every month the manager required us to work "extended hours" and that does not mean one or two hours hear or there. It meant 12-14 hr days, and working 7 days a week and if you declined, you felt as if you were not committed.

My district manager was hired after I was and knew NOTHING about the industry or the product. In fact he was always prefacing is question when in need of help with "I'm embarrassed I don't know this yet". Very unprofessional by talking about his employees to me in derogatory connotation. He was very unreliable when anyone in his district ask for help on any issue.. We would always go over his head to get things done if it was important. Several times I had caught him in lies and not just to me but to my co-workers. I finally called him out on a lie that he said to a nurse..and a week later I was terminated for something no one would have expected to be grounds of termination.

If your an outside sales person you will want to poke your eyes out being in a small office 60+ hrs a week (no joke sometimes 70) plus it ruins your resume.

Only hire management from within the company or related fields...otherwise their job is obsolete and is a corner that would be an affordable cut.

All about MondyMore to it than being a treatment provider.

Current Employee - Treatment Provider
    Current Employee - Treatment Provider

I have been working at Ideal Image full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff I work with directly were hard working and amazing. Most of the guests were VERY kind and I wish them the absolute best in their treatments and in life!

Cons

Management was lacking and mentality was too focused on money. The patient, or "guest", did not take priority. While working here, I do not feel valued at all. Inconsistent policies and management that make any provider feel as if liability is very high while working there. During the interview, they will "talk big" and paint a great picture of a better work lifestyle; however it is far from the truth. Appointment times are crammed, you work hours over your regular schedule, and you are responsible for unanticipated duties aside from being a treatment provider. You are in charge of stuff like laser maintenance, inventory duty, cleaning the rooms, etc. For a lower salary, the promise you make up for it in "up sales", where they pressure you into talking to "guests" about purchasing additional treatment areas. Generally, the amount you make from up sales do no cover the amount you can earn working as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner in another position. Also, when speaking to HR or recruiters, they do NOT like seeing IdealImage as a previous employee on your resume. They will see this as a lack of up to date medical knowledge and skills, which will severely lower your chances of applying for other jobs in the medical field. If you want to do laser hair removal for the rest of your life, then consider pros and cons of working here. If not, it may not be the best option.

Value employees and compensate appropriately. Appointment qualified people in all roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Ideal Image