Igloo Products

www.igloocoolers.com
  www.igloocoolers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Igloo Products

I'm very proud to work here. It's a fun place with a great group of people and great products.

Current Employee - Manager in Katy, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Katy, TX

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is doing great and has been throughout the recession. The management team really cares about the people and is providing a lot of people with employment during a tough time for our country. We make great products that almost EVERYONE has in their home! That's cool!

Cons

NO company is perfect but we have a nice place to work. We work hard to be the best cooler company in the WORLD! We have high expectations and a get-it-done work environment. Our ownership is like any other ownership --they are in business to be profitable. Nothing unreasonable at all. Thank goodness this is a very profitable company worthy of investing in! I'm pretty proud of that.

Take a more proactive role in encouraging the real, loyal and valuable employees of the company to post here. The complaint about clocking in was made by someone who was absent more days than present and then quit when she probably should have been fired. Good ridance!

26 Other Employee Reviews for Igloo Products (View Most Recent)

Poor Senior Management

I have been working at Igloo Products

Pros

If you live in Brookshire I guess it would be a close commute and if you live east of Katy you don't fight traffic as you commute west to work.

Cons

Igloo is a culture of the Good Old Boys Club. Senior Management is lacking in many important skill sets. Most importantly an basic understanding of how to motivate people and how to build a team. Current Senior Management acts like royalty and the employees are just their subjects. There seems to be a lot of greed and selfishness in senior management. If you want to be promoted you better learn to kiss some @$$. If you like tyranny of the middle ages this is the place for you.

Take a course in professionalism. Learn to support the people that you manage. Reward hard work. Don't be so greedy. Be a company people want to work at. Wake up and look around do you see a lot of engaged employees. Igloo just hired a new president. People are just waiting for him to stand up and take lead and fix the problems. If he waits much longer he will be seen in the same light as the current Good Old Boys Club.

The "Family-Oriented" company culture has been replaced by the "EBIDTA Greed & Face-Time" theme.

I have been working at Igloo Products

Pros

Location is good as it goes away from traffic during the commute to and from work. 401K Matching has no vesting period. 30-Day waiting oeriod for benefits.

Cons

Lots of 'face-time" required if you want to be a "team-player. Senior Management is focused on making year-end EBITDA bonuses to the point where people will be laid off so that they can get their bonuses.

Go back to Igloo's traditional roots of caring for your people instead of your pockets. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of you.

There are newer employer reviews for Igloo Products