Igov
www.igov.com McLean, VA 50 to 149 Employees

iGov is a good place to work

Tampa, FL

ProsIGov has a great team that is very interested in collaborating on projects to accomplish organizational goals. The company has a good mix of VAR Sales and DoD contracts; heavier on the VAR side. They have a competitive benefits package and some good incentive programs for the line workers. For the most part the leadership is hands off with only a few exceptions. Their overall business approach is improving.

ConsThe organization seems to be adversely affected by contract losses due to current size. They have not yet built a buffer to weather hard times. It seems that during the good times the organization should have gone after more business to balance out potential contract losses. In the DoD environment losing a contract is a way of life, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the company’s reserves to weather contract losses. Build business and get contracts while business is good, not just after a catastrophic event. Losing a contract is a way of life, in DoD contracting, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens. It is a better problem to have too much work than not enough. Trust in the crew, they will step up when needed.

Your loyalty to this company is NOT their concern.

Production Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Igov full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great hours.. I can not say that at this moment… Cons: Too much inner office politics. Who you know gets you a job not your skills. I was a loyal employee with… Advice to Senior Management: You cut corners and choose friends of friends for hire, when in fact loyal former employees still are starving off unemployment watching you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for, very supportive toward family issues

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Igov

Pros: great management team, good working conditions, challenging work Cons: Not enough contracts to allow job advancement Advice to Senior Management: need additional contracts Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Igov.

Worked for Igov? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Igov reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Igov CEO Pat Neven. All reviews posted anonymously by Igov employees.