Full steam ahead

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Ikanos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like working with my team, professional group of engineers. I get the opportunity to work and collaborate with other areas of the business. Company is niche focused in space.

Cons

Small company, no 401k match

Other Reviews for Ikanos

Product portfolio significantly trailing behind the competition in a shrinking market

Current Employee - Enginerring
    Current Employee - Enginerring

I have been working at Ikanos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A job close to home for most part.

Cons

The biggest issue is the products are really behind its competitor, no matter how it is viewed.
    To make things worse, the market is shrinking as customers move from coppers to fibers (just like what Google is doing). The quarterly sales report reflects that.
    There also have been too many changes on the personnel in the past few years, layoff and layoff, all the execs have been replaced or fired and is still going on....

Figure out the right products before investors lose hopes.

Start-up vibe without the risk

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Red Bank, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ

I have been working at Ikanos full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company working towards a common goal, opportunity to wear a lot of different hats in my role, renewed focus on delivering on-time and on-schedule both internally and to our customers generating good buzz in the company. Great opportunity for those who want a bigger role in a smaller company, those who want more visibility in their accomplishments.

Cons

Industry has taken a beating in the past few years, our technology is not being as respected / talked-about as it should be.

We need to build a stronger marketing campaign around our technology and our company to get people talking about us again!

There are newer employer reviews for Ikanos.

Worked for Ikanos? Contribute to the Community!