Illinois State

www.illinoisstate.edu
  www.illinoisstate.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Illinois State

Great Experience during or after school

I worked at Illinois State full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Will give you free classes while you are employed.
Great people to work with, everyone is friendly
Summers are nice and slow

Cons

Being a college town the students can get a little too rowdy
Being a state job, raises are few and far between

Promote strictly from within

69 Other Employee Reviews for Illinois State (View Most Recent)

Can't say this is an acceptable place to work

Former Employee - Building Service Worker in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Building Service Worker in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Illinois State as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

variety of job, hours, pleasant students

Cons

Where to start. The pay was terrible as an extra help employee but it fit into my schedule well. There are never any supplies as the state budget is next to 0. You have to beg, borrow, and borrow more to get basic supplies to do your job. My biggest problem was management.. I had an incident where in a my area where it almost got physical with another employee. I called my boss, said its about to get physical and I don't want to be the person that "gets physical" with another employee. They tried to suspend me (as my statement to my boss was considered a threat) which I laughed at and said I will just be on my way. Fast forward a year later (a complete year without being employed there). I was contacted by I.S.U. police about an investigation of consensual sex at the work place. I was dumbfounded......I said it never happened and if it was consensual that whats the crime? No crime committed but it had to be investigated. Give me a break. I found out later the occurrence (which supposedly happened 2 years previous) was reported to a family member of mine and that person either had to report the incident or risk losing their job. This family member does not get along with management either, and I truly believe it was a ploy to try and catch this family member up in a web of lies in order to take their job away. Needless to say it didn't work and there was a defamation lawsuit. So all in all not a great experience, nor would I recommend this torture to anyone else.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Good student job

Former Employee - Student Worker
    Former Employee - Student Worker

I worked at Illinois State part-time

Pros

good flexibility for student workers, decent pay, good managers, easy to create work life balance

Cons

not really too many cons, some red tape that goes with any type of employment but not a bad spot for a student

There are newer employer reviews for Illinois State