Illumina

www.illumina.com

A Veterans perspective.

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsNice facility.
Some good perks all around.
Fair PTO system.
Good benefits package.

ConsAfter serving over 12 years in the US Military I landed a position with Illumina at first all seemed good the facility is very large and the benefits were great for a family person like me. I was glad to be a part of such a large organization because typically that’s good for career growth from within.
Later as a prior service member who was in a leadership position I noticed that at almost every level they have no leadership per say, they rule by committee & political alliances. If you find yourself inside certain circles you will be fine; but if you’re out of the circles you may as well start looking for a new job.
I felt certain mid-level managers saw me as a threat to their positions due in part to my experience in leadership and my technical ability and went after me. They kept it legal and the HR was of no help at all this stopping this harassment so I gave my notice, in my exit interview HR did not want to hear me and just kept repeating “prerogative” like a parrot.
I cannot and will not recommend anyone working at this place especially mid-level career people because they will suffer the most while a person fresh out of college may be able to stand it.
*This Company if not illegal certainly is an unethical company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone- but one day this behavior will bite you in the end.

No Work Life Balance

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Illumina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Location of company Campus environment Facilities On-site gym with multiple cafes Equipment provided to… Cons: All work, all the time, all day, night, weekend long No career development from what i can see, just a lot of smoke and… Advice to Senior Management: We have a life outside of Illumina There are other companies just as good Stop your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Market leader in Life Science Technology.

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company culture to in a fast changing industry Cons: Growing pains from growing from a smaller company to a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Illumina.

Worked for Illumina? Contribute to the Community!