Can't retain talent pool

Current Employee - Integration Specialist in Lakeville, MN
Current Employee - Integration Specialist in Lakeville, MN

Pros

Company culture is fantastic; the owners do a lot to provide for company activities and functions to blow off steam and relationships with family. Very attractive employer for anyone starting out from college (or internships during). They provide access to company cabins and town homes for anyone looking to get a start in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Cons

Management seems to only value developers to the detriment of morale in any other role. During crisis situations less than constructive communication tends to take place on part of most of the leadership team.

Advice to Management

This company has all the makings of anything/everything someone would want - and there are plenty of things I enjoy bragging about in regard to my job. Just because you're not a developer doesn't mean you should be paying people in specialized roles the least (from what I can tell from GlassDoor.com and what I've heard). I love this company, I enjoy coming into work and give everything I've got - but people doing (literally) 50% of the work I do are getting paid much more. I hate that it comes down to money, but it does.

Other Employee Reviews for ImageTrend

1. Great Place to start your career

Pros

Friendly Work Environment, Great place to learn from others, Great Community

Cons

Compensation is not on par

2. Good place to go as a recent graduate.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Lakeville, MN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Lakeville, MN

I worked at ImageTrend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ImageTrend is a great place to learn about programming in a comfortable environment where the potential to create something amazing is always lurking around the corner. You will be working on an extensive and complex product that has room for improvement. You will learn lots of different aspects of software development from planning features to building automated tests. The community and culture here was very good for learning. They hire lots of people, so your chances of getting in are good if you show up and know a thing or two about .NET, JavaScript, and SQL. Very honest company from an employee's perspective, very family friendly environment (There is a day care attached to the building). One of the most culturally comfortable places I've worked, and my co-workers agreed. That's why they stayed there.

Cons

However, I wouldn't stay at ImageTrend for long. It seems to be a mature company that has already passed the second inflection point in its S-curve of growth. Your opportunities for increased salary are going to be small. Also, you may end up spending your productive years with antiquated technologies. It's in Lakeville, which is a con to me, but maybe it's a pro to someone else ;)

Advice to Management

It's been time to move beyond SQL for a few years now...