Imagination Publishing

www.imaginepub.com
There are newer employer reviews for Imagination Publishing

No Place to Grow

I worked at Imagination Publishing

Pros

If you exclude management - most of the employees are inspired, nice and fun. It's an open atmosphere where you don't have to worry about being super formal or quiet. You can have a good time and and enjoy the company of your peers. Conversations are welcome - it's not a place you would succeed keeping to yourself. It's a good place to start as long as you have no plans to stay long.

Cons

There's no future here and the cool and hip vibe is a facade. Career development is an utter joke. Also the salaries are not competitive with the very same positions at other companies. They like to hire very young people for next to nothing and hope those young employees never find out that they're making substandard pay. The turnover rate is laughable at best - people have been dropping like flies for many months. Management is sophomoric and they frequently play favorites, but never to anyone's (especially not the clients') advantage. Management has an unprofessional and manipulative relationship with the staff - one that is often marred by gossip and idle rumors. Worst of all, these problems are definitely starting to rub off on clients in a bad way. Senior leaders attempt to placate people with "restructures" about every six months or so. These "restructures" only amount to giant let downs when nothing gets better and things seem to end up even more disorganized.

Get it together. Nourish the committed talent you have, cut the fat and stop just randomly hiring people to plug the gaping hole that is the complete failure of your leadership structure.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Imagination Publishing (View Most Recent)

Imagination will give you a great opportunity but the opportunity is what you make it.

I have been working at Imagination Publishing

Pros

I have worked at Imagination for a number of years and I really like being part of this company. I have worked at other companies which may have given me a better benchmark coming in but I have not witnessed or experienced any of the issues or situations mentioned by previous posters.

It is a challenging, young, open, fast paced, fun, exciting, and yes sometimes frustrating place to work. A lot is expected from us and we are given a lot of responsibility and autonomy. If you’re looking for hand holding then you probably looking in the wrong place.

It is not perfect but they have given me the best opportunity I’ve ever had to prove myself and carve my own path. I feel like the company cares about me as an individual not just an employee.

I think I am paid well and the benefits are good. I like working with my clients and the challenges they give me. Each day is different and it’s never boring. I like the people I work with on my team.

They are adding new clients and staff which shows me they are growing even in the down economy. The company is pushing hard towards digital so they are not resting on their past successes.

Cons

The workload and deadlines can be heavy. Account directors don’t always manage or communicate their clients expectations very well. Turnover has been an issue. The digital and IT departments are under staffed. Management direction seems random at times.

Communicate the whys and hows of your decisions better. Be quicker when making touch decisions. Listen to your staff and solicit their ideas. Get people more training and mentoring when giving them new responsibilities. Be more diverse in your hiring.

Fly by night

I have been working at Imagination Publishing

Pros

A few friendly co-workers, a great central location, nice office space, fun company outings. And tons of hot women (who think their s___ don't stink.)

Cons

If you are a beautiful woman who can read and write and use Facebook and Twitter you can potentially have a great career here - that is if you want to drink the kool-aid and senior management likes you. If you are a hard-working average looking male who does not regularly get treated to wining and dining clients then forget about ever breaking out. Certain departments get absolutely zero of the resources, training, and leverage based on their expertise that they need to do their job, let alone exceed company expectations. The ways Ipub chooses to spend their time and resources are mind-boggling, and advancement is only through the good graces of certain senior managers. I can count more than once upon notification of a promotion in the office my entire team looking at each other and thinking "WTF???" Unfortunately, things will never change. Ipub will jump on whatever trends are flying around the marketing universe without ever innovating any of their own and life will go on in the "beautiful disaster" that resides at 600 w. Fulton.

Read this page and take all of these reviews as gospel - these are your current and former employees writing. The fact that your HR director is as unapproachable as she has direct ties and favoritism to the CEO (VP of Talent, are you kidding me?) is a massive red flag for employee satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Imagination Publishing